Alberta Sees Slight Drop in Registered Operators Ahead of Regulated iGaming Market Launch
The decrease comes after the removal of Grizzly's Quest, a brand operated by Cadtree Limited. The AGLC updates its registration list every Friday, with the change first reported by Legal Sports Report.

Alberta's regulated iGaming market continues to gather momentum ahead of its 13 July launch, despite a slight drop in the number of registered operators. Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) now lists 46 operators, down from 47 following its latest weekly update.
The decrease comes after the removal of Grizzly's Quest, a brand operated by Cadtree Limited. The AGLC updates its registration list every Friday, with the change first reported by Legal Sports Report.
Despite the removal, Cadtree Limited retains four registered brands in Alberta – Jackpot City, Royal Vegas, Ruby Fortune and Spin Casino – all of which also hold licences to operate in Ontario. Cadtree is owned by Super Group, the global gambling company behind the Betway sportsbook and Spin Casino brands.
Although 46 operators are currently registered, the total number of brands preparing to enter Alberta stands at 50. Both Caesars and Penn Entertainment have registered multiple brands under their respective licences.
Registration is only the first stage of the approval process. Operators must also complete the remaining regulatory requirements and sign an operating agreement with the newly established Alberta iGaming Corporation (AiGC) before they can launch in the province.
The AiGC will oversee Alberta's commercial iGaming framework, collecting gaming revenue from licensed operators before distributing the province's share of proceeds to the government.
Speaking at SBC Summit Canada in Toronto earlier this year, Alberta's Minister of Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction, Dale Nally, said industry interest had exceeded initial expectations.
"I've had nothing but positive reports from the operators – I'm not saying there have been roadblocks, there have been – but what I'm hearing is that the AiGC and AGLC are working with the industry, they're consulting, collaborating, and they're available to work with everyone."
Nally added that as many as 70 operators had expressed interest in entering the Alberta market and said the level of engagement had been encouraging.
"I think that the number of operators is exceeding our expectations."
However, the minister stressed that the success of Alberta's regulated market would not be measured solely by financial performance.
"Revenue is not even our measure of success. Our measure of success is going to be the feedback. Did they have a fun experience? Was it a safer experience? Was it a responsible experience?"
With just weeks remaining until launch, Alberta's regulated market remains on course to become one of Canada's most significant online gambling jurisdictions, with dozens of operators expected to go live once the remaining approvals have been completed.
More Canadian iGaming News:
- 888 Secures Alberta Registration as Province’s Regulated iGaming Launch Draws Closer
- N1 Partners x RAZE Case: ROI+ in Canada within 3 Days
- St8 Extends Wazdan Partnership into Ontario







